We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and
enthusiasm for environmental conservation and education.
To enhance their skills and get a chance to put into practice what they have learnt, the students undertake a three month industrial attachment at the end of the 2nd year. The course also seeks to impart research skills through a research project where students research on issues that affect the hotel industry.
The programme emphasizes practical work, in-house training and internship among others in developing highly qualified Hotel and Restaurant professionals.
1. Work closely with the National coordinator and the Programmes manager to develop, implement and monitor WCK’s resource mobilization and marketing strategies, policies and work plans.
2. Proactively seek out Donor funding opportunities for the organization.
3. Responsible for building and continuously engaging strong relationships with WCK’s donors/partners.
4. Develop and manage the WCK Partners database i.e. contacts and crucial contact information.
5. Raise awareness of WCK and its work.
6. Ensure WCK has a coherent and engaging brand identity.
7. Develop work plans , prepare income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising Initiatives.
8. Organize and participate in events with partners, potential partners, organization, policymakers, media etc., to ensure that WCK is adequately represented at relevant external fundraising forums.
9. Provide input into donor reports, compliance and support monitoring and evaluation processes.
10. Assist in the development- production of marketing information and materials.
11. Produce communication materials in support of fundraising such as brochures, appeals, news and concept letters and other relevant reports.
12. Raise WCK’s profile by generating media visibility.
13. Work closely with various departmental heads to identify priority themes and develop advocacy messages, and other communication and marketing materials for dissemination.
14. Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
1. An undergraduate degree in Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field from a recognized university OR a Higher/Advanced Diploma in either relevant field with a combination of more than 3 years relevant working experience.
2. A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in building partnership between NGOs, corporates and or private foundations.
3. 3 years proven track record of successful fundraising from major donors, corporate and private foundations and developing strategic partnerships.
4. Demonstrated experience in proposal development, grant writing and reporting for NGO, local or international private funding development organizations.
5. Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex issues with clarity and structure, and to deliver documents to the highest levels of professionalism.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Proficient in Microsoft office suites- Word, power point presentation and Excel.
8. Very strong networking skills.
9. Ability to work independently and in a team as well as with a range of stakeholders, from industry, civil society, governments and international organizations.
10. A strong understanding and passion for issues and dynamics affecting the environment, conservation and sustainability issues in Kenya.